Manali is a small hill station nestled in the lap of Himalayas. Experience natural beauty at its best, lush green meadows, apple orchards, snow covered mountains. Manali has an interesting tale related to Hindu mythology.
Don’t be lost, Use Manali travel guide and know everything about this beautiful hill station.
Manali is a small hill station nestled in the lap of Himalayas. Experience natural beauty at its best, lush green meadows, apple orchards, snow covered mountains. Manali has an interesting tale related to Hindu mythology. The arch of Manu rested here after huge floods and that’s how Manali got its name. The “Queen of Valley” offers many adventure sports like skiing, mountaineering, trekking, para gliding etc. This hill stations is in a lot of demand for a perfect set for bollywood movies. There are untouched trails for trekking and exploring. There are other major tourist attractions that bring the most of this place. Keeping a Manali travel guide is very handy.
Tourists throng this hill station round the year as temperatures are welcoming and pleasant in summers and below freezing point in winters. The top five sights to visit are:
- Manikaran Gurudwara – The founder of Sikhism i.e Guru Nanak Dev ji visited this place for the betterment of the people. Tourists throng this place all round the year. There is a natural hot spring from the time of Guru Nanak Dev that is considered pious and it’s said that a dip in it guarantees your place in heaven. The langar is served to all without any discrimination. It is a perfect spiritual retreat.
- Solang Valley – This valley is covered with snow and has glaciers and Beas river flowing through it. Adventure sports like para gliding and mountain climbing takes place here. Foe kids there are activities like horse riding and zorbing. It is a perfect picnic spot.
- Gulaba – It is a spot that comes in the way of Rohtang pass that is beautiful at its extent. It has a magical aura. It is a popular spot that opens only in summers. One should carry heavy woollen clothes as the winds blow below freezing point.
- Hadimba Temple – Nestled between pine trees, this temple is full of peace and serenity. There are beautiful stone carvings of local deities, plants and animals on the Hadimba temple. These stone carvings naturally came out if the earth and rest of the structure was made around it.
- Jogni falls – It abruptly falls from the cluster of small hills. It is a perfect spot for afternoon picnic. There are shops around that sell simple food.
There are many cafes and restaurants around Manali that sell Italian food like pizza, pasta etc. However the real charm is to try local delicacies at the local restaurants. They may not be fancy but will give you the real taste of Manali.
A Manali travel guide is available to give you a better understanding about Manali and its tourist attractions. It is either in person or in form of a book that can be carried along. But before travelling it’s better to read Manali travel guide online. There are many Manali holiday packages available for solo or group travellers. Apart from regular hotels there are options of staying in resorts or home stays. The ratings decide the prices if the rooms. Its best to check and book the rooms in advance.
While travelling to Manali, one must carry sunscreen lotion, heavy woollen clothes, good sole shoes, personal medications, camera and torch light with their batteries respectively, power banks and tour maps. A simple Manali travel guide helps tourist get the best of their holiday experience.