Indian people are very hospitable and consider their guests as God. It is a huge honour for people to have guests at their home. Foreigners should opt for home stays and experience the Indian hospitability as hotels or resorts don’t give homely feeling. Home stay is a concept adopted from bed and breakfast.
Topic: Are you looking for a homely experience – Come and stay with us.
Indian people are very hospitable and consider their guests as God. It is a huge honour for people to have guests at their home. Foreigners should opt for home stays and experience the Indian hospitability as hotels or resorts don’t give homely feeling. Home stay is a concept adopted from bed and breakfast. Either the guest is welcomed to stay with a family or in a separate out house.
There are many benefits of finding a homestay in Manali :-
- If someone wants to know and love to talk to local people then home stay is the best option. The opportunity to know the culture, background of the family and its place. One can stay with a royal family or a tribal family; it can be a bungalow or a cottage in a remote village.
- A home stay has few rooms to offer. The family that runs it, acts as a host. The tourist can either dine with them or chat with them for hours as individual attention is paid. This is the best way to explore the Indian culture and develop a long lasting bond.
- To know about the area or its culture, it the best way to find out. Many guests are happy to show their place that is usually not available in the guide books.
- For solo women travellers, home stay is the safe pick. The hosts can also arrange a pick up and drop to the airport.
- Home cooked food is not comparable to food from hotels or fast food available in the market. The spices used oil content and the love that it is served from can’t be compared at all.
- As a guest in a homestay in Manali, an undivided attention is given to you. The hosts keeps in mind your likings and disliking. Guests are often invited to be a part of their cultural functions. However the hosts take you to picnics, temple tours with their family and make you feel at home.
- Homestays in Manali are usually located in the residential area or in a neighbourhood of people than in tourist areas. So this way one is away from scams, touts and hassles.
It is important to choose homestay in Manali wisely. Those who prefer privacy with be more comfortable in outhouses rather than staying with the family. One should make a thorough check about the hosts, facilities and food being provided to stay away from future hassles. Some home stays only provide vegetarian food, so if someone is a hard core meat eater should avoid such a place.
There is website homestay.com that gives you lots of options to choose from. There are reviews from other travellers too about the particular home stay that gives a clear picture. And some home stays are verified by the local partners in terms of safety, hygiene and hospitability. The guest can check the availabilities of room on the dates of travel with price. And once the guest is sure the booking can be completed. There no cost of signing up and creating an account at the website. Once the booking is complete. An itinerary is sent in the guests email provided while signing up.